The weather in London has started to turn gloomy, so I thought what better way to spruce up a dark winter’s day than some colourful hair accessories? I first spotted the look on Cacharel’s a/w 2012 catwalk, and thought that it would make for a great diy, using things that you most probably already have lying around your house!
You will need:
- Bobby pins
- A piece of card for the pins to stand on
- Nail varnish (I’ve used Barry M in 317/Blue Moon)
- Fold the piece of card in half, then fold both sides back, forming a zig-zag shape. Position it so the middle part stays upright. This is to make it easier to paint, and to prevent the grips from sticking together when it’s painted.
- Push the grips halfway across the folded card (see picture)
- Paint both sides of the grips with your chosen colour. Do two or more coats, but wait until each coat is dry before you do a next one.
This tutorial is so ridiculously easy, and it’s a quick and cheap way of changing things up a bit. Have fun with it, paint it with glitter varnish or varied colours! This is also ideal if you’re growing out a fringe, to keep your hair out of your eyes during the ‘inbetween’ stage.
Have you tried making any fashion-week inspired accessories yet? Would love to see your versions!!